Monday, March 17, 2014

Well....... it's official today. We will be taking a vacation of a lifetime (for us). I'm hoping for photography opportunities beyond my wildest dreams. We will be going to Alaska. It will be fall there when we go, so there should be color in the tundra.

We will fly into Anchorage a few days before the trip starts and stay with a good friend. We will do a cruise to 12 glaciers, getting quite close as it is a small ship. I will be looking for some shot of reflections and sunsets there too. The trip starts with a bus ride to a lodge near Mount McKinley. There we will do a 3 hour hike with great views (so we are told) of the mountain and landscapes. The next day we take a bus ride to another lodge in Denali Park. This stay will be 2 nights, 3 days. From there it's a scenic train ride to Whittier where we pick up a cruise ship.

The cruise will be 7 days stopping at several towns and glaciers in the Inside Passage. The destination is Vancouver where we fly home.

I will be trying to learn all I can to take my photography up a couple notches as I may never get back to Alaska. I could never forgive myself if I came home with mediocre pictures. The last thing I want to do is get home , look at my pictures and think of the 3 ugly sisters (shoulda, coulda, and woulda). My dream is to be a great photographer, not just a photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment