Friday, June 3, 2016

I didn't think I would make it on here tonight. Been working on my Gettysburg pictures and it has not made my laptop happy. One picture is a combination of 3 pictures stitched together and one had to be done manually because the software wouldn't do it. I had to do a lot of blending and painting, but it came out as a nice 20x30 print of cannons.

Today we had a guided tour of the battlefield in an incredible rain. No pictures today in the battlefield. It did clear later in the day. One picture I got in the town of Gettysburg was of the front of a building downtown  with an unexploded artillery shell stuck in the wall.





It is amazing the number of buildings in downtown Gettysburg that were there during the 1863 Battle. I'm told that there are several with artillery shells in them, but I've only found 2. The shells are small and hard to see.

The big picture that I was working on with the cannon is this.




It is 20x30 inches and my laptop was not happy with it. Had to do a boot at one point and continue with my editing. The canon with the green color is the type with a smooth barrel, and it shoots a canon ball. It has a range of 1 mile. The canon in the background has a rifled barrel and can shoot 2 miles with more accuracy.

The 3 day battle with 163,000 soldiers cost 51,000 casualties killed, wounded or missing. After the tour, we went to the Dobbins House and Tavern for an early supper which was fantastic. It is also said to be haunted with many reports of people having images in photos that they didn't see in person. The downstairs tavern was wonderful and we highly recommend it.



Well friends, it's after midnight and we've got to get to bed. Hopefully I will be back on tomorrow night.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment